The problem: Alltel took away the ability to use custom MP3 ringtones in the new update for the Motorola ROKR Z6m. This feature was available on previous ROKR Z6m firmware, but alltel decided to take it away, for the sole purpose of forcing you to pay for the ringtones that they sell.
Fortunately, there is a VERY easy way to unlock this feature again. This process took me less than 15 mins.
Disclaimer: As with any hack, I am not responsible for any damage, although not likely, that you do to your phone.
Note that I did not write this guide. I give full credit to GoldMembr on HowardForums, although I may have added a few things to it, and rephrased it to make it easier to understand.
Moto Super Trubka Seem Edit Guide and Screen Shot
Moto USB Drivers
Moto Super Trubka
First, Download and install the Moto drivers, so that your phone is recognized.
Then, download Moto Super Trubka (aka MoST). You will need a program like WinRAR to extract the files, as they are compressed in .rar format.
Use MoST to seem edit your Z6m. It's a lot easier than using P2KCommander and the old P2KSeemSD. It's called Moto Super Trubka and it's very similar to the old P2KSeemSD plus you don't need any program running in the background ie. RSD or MSU.
Now you need to hook up your phone to the computer by USB. Before you do that however, on your phone go to the Main Menu > Settings > Connection > USB Settings. Change that to Modem/COM. Otherwise, your phone will connect as a USB Drive if you have a Micro SD card inserted. Once you connect your phone, let your computer recognize it. Found new hardware should appear in the corner, and it will go through the usual process of installing it.
Once that is all finished, start MoST and click on "Seem Editor" on the left hand side.
1. Input your Seem and Record numbers. For "Apply as RingTone" seem edit, it is Seem 2742 Record 0001 .
2. Click the "Load from phone" button.
3. Click on the offset you want to edit. For the "Apply as RingTone" seem edit, you need to go to B0 and over 9 spots so B0 would be highlighted on the left and 08 would be highlighted on the top. ie Offset 00B8 . Then click on the bit you want to set on or off in the little box with the numbers 0 through 7 . For the " Apply as RingTone" seem edit, it is to uncheck bit 0 . (Note: For me, the numbers circled in the screenshot for step number 3 were different than GoldMembr. Mine was 01, and the only bit checked was bit 0. That is ok, just select it and uncheck bit 0 .)
4. When your finished with your edit click the "Save to phone" button.
5. Now click the "Restart" button. The phone will reboot, and your all set to upload some ringtones.