QJ.net Monthly Developer Contest
We are pleased to announce the launch of the monthly QJ.net Developer Contest. Being a developer can be a thankless job sometimes so we wanted to provide recognition as well as an award to the developers who make the scene what it is. So get ready to submit your original themes, apps, and homebrew to the QJ.net Developer Contest Submission forum!
The rules are simple.
1. The contest will run once each month and you can submit as many projects as frequently as you wish
2. In order to qualify for entry the release must be new, reside in the QJ.net forums and can not be copied or originate from any other sites
3. Entries should be submitted as an article including an image and description of your release. Submit your entries to the QJ.net Developer Contest Submission forum so other developers and members can review your project.
4. From the 1st through the 20th of the month entries can be submitted to the Developer Contest Forum. After the 20th the contest is closed for submissions and a poll will be added so members can vote for the project that they want to win.
4. The developer who receives the highest number of votes will win the monthly Developer Contest.
How do you win?
1. The winner will be the person who receives the most votes from the QJ.net community for their submissions.
2. At the end of the contest period the developer who has the most TOTAL votes to their submissions in the Developer Contest forum is the winner. The contest runs from the 1st day through the last day of the month. Winners will be announced during the first week of the following month.
3. If there is a tie and more than one developer has the same total number of votes in their submissions the prize will be split equally.
What is the prize?
1. Your releases are published to the front page of QJ.net!
2. During the 1st week of each month QJ.net will post a review of the work that the winning developer did for the QJ.net community. The review will include links to your releases within the QJ.net forums and any other information you wish (a bio, projects you are working on, links to your own web site - whatever you want or nothing at all - the choice is yours.)
3. Your QJ account will be upgraded to Developer Status so that you can manage and control your updates.
4. $50 donation to the developer with the highest number of votes at the end of the contest period! Donation will be made via PayPal once the contest winner is announced. Even if you don't do this for the money you can always donate to another dev after receiving your prize, split it between several developers or give it to your favorite charity, or just buy some cool **** for yourself. It's your prize money you can do with it whatever you wish.
Any questions please PM me directly in the forums (dbrums13)
Moderators, admins, or paid staff are NOT eligible for this contest. Winners may continue to compete in future contests including this one each month if they so choose.