Well, I've been waiting for this for a long time, a small DS sized handheld more powerful than the PSP that supports homebrew from a Linux OS. It is only slightly bigger than the DS and has a full keyboard (for office/notepad type apps) 2 analog sticks (take that psp) and will be able to run Firefox 3, and Quake 3 with ease (according to its site).
Here's the hardware specs:
* ARM® Cortex*-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
* 430-MHz TMS320C64x+* DSP Core
* PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
* 800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
* Wifi 802.11b/g, Bluetooth & High Speed USB 2.0 Host
* Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV output
* Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
* 43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
* Around 10+ Hours battery life
I don't know about you, but that gets me excited! With the help of QJ coverage, we could really get the public excited about this, and get more developers onboard. I already know that several psp hombre developers are waiting for their dev kits which should be shipping soon.
Read more about it at http://openpandora.org/