another asus model that has got my attention is the c90s. It's a notebook with the proccesor platform Conroe (Desktop Proccesor) and these are it's specs with 1471$ :
1. Display : 15.4 inch WSXGA+ (1680x1050) Glossy LCD w/ 2.0MP Webcam
2. Processor : 1.86GHz Intel Conroe/Core2 Duo-E6320 w/4MB L2 Cache-1066FSB (+$50.00)
3. Thermal Paste : High Density Artic Silver 5 CPU Cooling Thermal Compound Paste (+$20.00)
4. Video Card : NVIDIA 8600M GT w/ 512MB DDR2 VRAM, MXM II V2.0 (+$55.00)
5. Memory : 1.0GB DDR2-667 Memory (1x1.0GB-Single Channel)
6. Hard Drive : 120GB 5,400 rpm SATA/150 HDD (+$30.00)
7. DVD-RW Drive : Dual Layer Super Multi DVD-RW/CD-RW Drive w/Software
8. Wireless LAN : Built-in Intel Wireless-N 4965 802.11AGN LAN (+$45.00)
9. Main Battery : Smart Li-ion Battery: 6-Cell
A. MS Windows OS : No MS Windows Operating System
B. MS Office2007 Medialess Software : None.
C. Flash Memory Drive : None.
D. AC Adapter : AC Adapter w/ Power Core - 90W
E. Auto/Air Adapter : None.
F. Port Replicator : None.
G. Carrying Case : Free Deluxe Carrying Case from Asus
H. Mouse : None.
I. Warranty : 2-Year Parts/Labor w/ 1 way paid shipping
It seems like a very good deal but how much hotter can a desktop core 2 duo be in comparison with a laptop one? is there really much difference?