Did you ever install XP SP3 on your computer, and regret you did it? SP3 is really slow, bad performance, and less compatible. Now you try to uninstall it, but the uninstaller was deleted. What do you do? I found another way to remove SP3 from your XP, but you'll need a couple of things. This will not delete anything from your computer, only installs system components. But Internet Explorer will revert back to 6, and some other software came with XP might too.
*XP SP2 CD
1. Shutdown your PC.
2. Insert your XP SP2 CD into the CD-ROM.
3. When it tells you to press any key to execute the CD, press a key.
4. Wait till it boots into setup. Do not press F6, it's not what we are going to do.
5. Press Enter when it prompts you to.
6. Press F8 to agree to the agreement.
7. Use your up and down cursor, select the partition in which you have your crappy XP SP3 install to. DO NOT PRESS ENTER.
8. Press R to repair.
9. Wait for the setup to copy necessary files.
10. After it's done, it will tell you to press Enter to reboot. Wait, or press Enter.
11. Let it boot into the hard drive, do not boot into the CD.
12. It will now go into setup.
13. Follow onscreen instructions, install, or in this case, revert your XP back to SP2.
14. After it's done, just start your computer like normal, you can eject the CD.
Done! Everything is now like before (Before you reverted back to SP2). Nothing is deleted, you desktop icons, settings, and other crap you have is all in place. Awesome! :Punk::Punk::Punk: