How to get installer on a iTouch and on a iPhone
!!!!!IF THIS YOUR FRIENDS IPHONE, HE NEEDS HIS PC THAT HE ACTIVATED HIS IPHONE WITH!!!!!
Alright, on your iPhone find out what firmware your running; If your running 1.1.2. then download firmware 1.1.1. for the iPhone: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw
After that has finished downloading..
Connect your iPhone via USB cable and start up iTunes. Once iTunes has recognized that your iPhone has been connect you should be at a page looking like this:
If your at that screen then good, I made it that big so you don't have to squint when you look at it. Anyway, If you notice that there are two buttons reading "Update" and "Restore". Your going to hit "Shift" on your keyboard and click "Restore". And you get something like this (without the colors)
Red is the button that you need to click on while holding "Shift". Yellow is the box your going to get once you have clicked "Restore". And the black is the firmware that you downloaded, that you also need to click on.
After you've clicked the 1.1.1. firmware, the "downgrading" will begin on your iPhone. This process might take as long as 3-5 minutes. After the downgrade has been complete your going to get an error on iTunes telling you that the there's some sort of corruption or error. It's nothing, its fine, don't freak out. Anyway, you might get to a screen that looks like this, after you have been done downgrading. (thats not my arm)
This is called DFU mode, and you can't get out of this mode unless you "kick" it out. So then your going need to download this file:
Run iBrickr and follow the instructions on the application.
Now, you should be at a screen that says Acitivate iPhone....unless you load iTunes and it just reactivates it on 1.1.1. Then you don't need to go threw this process. But if it doesn't for some reason, then read on...
1. Make sure you have a SIM-card with PIN turned off, and power on your phone (the supplied AT&T card works fine).
2. On the activation screen, slide for emergency and dial: *#301# to make the phone call itself. (If the incoming call dialog quickly disappears but it keeps ringing, just dial 0 (remove *#301# first), and it will call itself)
3. Answer the call, and tap on Hold
4. Phone will call it self again, tap Decline. You will now be returned to the normal dialer.
5. Tap on contacts, and tap the + icon to add a new. The only info you are going to add to this contact are two URL's. To add a URL, tap Add new URL. The first URL is prefs followed by a colon: prefs: and the second is jailbreakme.com. Tap Save.
6. Your contact now has two "web pages" - tap on the first one (prefs:). This will take you to the settings dialog. The reason you want this, is because you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so tap on Wi-Fi, and get connected to a network, and make sure the icon on top of the screen is indicating that you are connected. While you are in the settings dialog, you should also set: General → Auto-Lock → Never.
7. Now, press the home button, and again, slide for emergency dial 0, Answer the call, Hold and Decline the new call so that you get to the contacts. Tap on your contact (No Name), and this time tap on the other home page, jailbreakme.com
8. Safari will launch and show you a webpage. Read through the text, before you Install AppSnapp
9. Phone will return to activation screen, but don't panic, just wait.
10. Phone should automaticly restart after almost a minute. . If it does not restart withing 2 minutes, again.
11. When the phone starts again, it should no longer say slide for emergency, but rather Slide to unlock It means it was successfull
Now, go to the new icon reading "installer", wait for the sources to refresh. Go to the tab "install" at the bottom and go to the top where it says "all packages", scroll down the list till you see "oktoprep". Tap on it, and install it.
Upgrading back to 1.1.2.
Once you have installed "oktoprep" it is now ready to upgrade to 1.1.2.
Connect your iPhone back into your PC and start iTunes. Once your iPhone appears, click on "UPDATE". Click next that you agree to the terms and what not. Just let it do it's thing, don't touch anything till your phone starts up again into it's regular mode. Once it's at it regular mode, meaning you have service, and what not. Now, download this software:
Extract the files and what not, and run the .bat file. Which is the one reading "windows". You'll get a black box (CMD), hit enter. Then you'll get a windows, that says "Boot from recovery" and "Jailbreak". Hit jailbreak, and let it do it's thing. This process take up to 3 minutes. Once its done, your iPhone will reboot 2 times. Once its done, you should have installer!!!
The exact same rules apply for the iTouch besides you don't need to activate it or need the same computer as the owner. You can use any computer, but you also need the 1.1.1. iTouch firmware, available here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw
Everything else is the same thing.