My name is Rosa and I am currently new here inthe forums. Just wanted to share some information I have come across the pastfew weeks.
So first off, I have been trolling the net for updates regarding PSJailbreak +clones + ports since Day 1 Of its news.
For people who dont know yet, the PSJailbreak (ps3breakr4.com) is a USB dongle usedto turn your Ps3 into Dev/Debug mode which allows the ability to run .pkgfiles, hence ability to run applications to play backed up games.
Youtube videos have been posted everywhere for demonstrations.
What has happened in the past few weeks was:
- PS3Jailbreak (ps3breakr4.com)was the first clone to be announced.
- More clones and knock-offˋs have been leaked onthe market.
- PSGroove, officially known as the source code for the PsJailbreak has beenLEAKED, which lead to a new generation of portˋsand modding.
Now official mod suppliers: OZ Mods & Quantronics, Have been taken to courtin Australiaby Sony to decide whether the dongle was legal there or not.
After a couple of weeks, it has been decided even though it contains no Sonycopyrighted files it has been decided to be illegal there.
A recent update is that in US Sony has taken action again but the result hasnˋt been confirmed yet.
Basically, they use the leaked code and modify USB boards and other devices,phones, psp, controllers, etc and try to successfully run the code.
The current list of what is Completed can be found in:
At September 7th, 2010: Sony released Firmware 3.42 which "addssecurity"
Rumors have been floating around that this has ended the Saga of of thejailbreak but has not been confirmed yet.
Now as for myself, I will still continue on with my research and update thisthread on my findings.
On another note, the application used "Backup Manager" has beenrecently updates to v1.1 which now includes AMAZING new features:
Here are all the changes:
* Firmware Supports any firmware
* Supports NTFS Hard Discs
* Blu-Ray Discs Supports copying of Blu-Ray Discs
* Supports playback of the. Mkv video format
* Supports the playback and copying PSX and PS2 games (no matter which PS3version).
* Automatic updating of the stick via PC.
* Lets Play online without risk of excommunication.
I am not promoting anyone to pirate games on the PS3. But suggesting there is amethod to backup your ORIGINAL game for reasons such as your disk breaking orany other use you have for it.