I personally like Dells (it's the computer I'm running now).
Keep in mind that I'm 14, so this is a pretty good computer setup:
I bought a refurbished Pentium 4 2400 Dell Tower for $400.
Then I upgraded it to be:
- Pentium 4 2.8 Ghtz
- 1024 MB RAM
- 250 GB Hard Drive (Dual boot Win XP home and Fedora Core 4)
- 2x CD/DVD/RW Dual Layer Drives
- Floppy Drive (lol)
- 550 Watt Power Supply (the lights dim when my computer boots!)
- 128 MB NVidea 5200 GFX card
- Creative SoundBlaster Live! card
- 5.1 Surround Creative Speakers
Pretty good I think.