Alright, I've decided to do some random interviews again. Some of you may recall the FrozenIpaq and Abe_Froeman interview's I did months ago. I've decided to start doing them again. I sent NeilR this list of questions some weeks ago, right after he was promoted to admin, but due to some situations out of my control (Mostly my untimely ban and lazyness). He got back to me earlier today. Enjoy.
And uh, don't ask to be interviewed.
1. Hi Neil
2. What's it like being Administrator?
It's cool.. same old same old although now I have greater ability to make changes and keep track of both staff and members.
3. Is it better than Moderator?
In a way I suppose. There's more work involved and I seem to get a lot more questions and unrealistic requests (people seem to think you'll bend over backwards for them).
4. What's your opinion on homosexuals?
I have no issue with homosexuals. I don't pretend to understand it completely but I respect those I know as I would anyone else for that matter. Race/Religion/sexuality don't mean nothing to me. How a person conducts themselves is much more important.
5. Do you agree with gay marriage?
Sure, if they want to risk half their income like everyone else.. let them.
6. (From Urza) How many penii do you have?
Ask Urza to provide a real question and I'll be happy to answer.
7. (From Brad) Do you have kids?
No, I don't have any kids.
8. Do you enjoy banning people?
No. I'd much rather spend my time helping others than to be required to deal with the foolish and the childish.
9. Ever banned someone out of pure hatred?
Absolutely not. I'm a firm believer in being a role model and I realize you can't expect proper behavior from others if you yourself carry on as "above the rules".
--Yay or Nay--
Answer yay or nay to the following items.
Steven Baggins: Yay
Josey Wales: Yay
--End Yay or Nay--
10. What's your opinion on the QJWiki set up by Serideth? Do
you condone it? Would you ever considering making it official?
It's alright. I neither for or against it. It really doesn't fit into the QJ space so it's fine as it is (I do wish it were more evidently "unofficial" though).
11. In what ways has it been difficult moderating at QJ?
In general, situations can wear a person down. Members who are constantly problematic I find very tiring. There's something to be said for repetitive questions but everyone deals with that I suppose.
12. What's your opinion on piracy in the backstage forums? I've heard
from several Mods that it's allowed. :O
The fact that you heard anything at all is very disconcerting to me; looks like I'll have to do some digging around for the mole. I'll simply say that there's nothing really going on in that department except for general discussions that are required to set rules etc..
13. What's your last name?
That's for me and those I now personally to know.
14. Ever met anyone from QJ outside of the forums? Do you know
No. The closest member I know of is football but he's still 2-3 hours away. Maybe some day..
15. I say The Banned Club you say:
Ok, what ever floats your boat.
16. Are there any plans in the works involving inactive moderators/staff?
I for one, couldn't care less, but alot of people seem to.
That's one of those things that's been discussed there's a handful that makes sense to demote and then there are others who are temporarily absent due to real life stuff; deciding where to draw the line is what's keeping a change from happening. It's not really part of my role here but I would like to at least see inactive mods removed from the section listings.
17. And how do you feel about that?
How do I feel about people discussing inactive mods? It doesn't bother me.
18. Do you ever use .ISO's on your PSP?
No. Although I have researched the use of them as part of what I do here.
19. PopeOfDope: Greatest VIP ever?
He's a trooper. The off topic forums generally keep mods on their toes and he's doing a great job.
20. If you and FrozenIpaq were to get in a fight, who would win?
FrozenIpaq of course; that guy's dangerous.
21. What are your thoughs on abortion?
I'm pro choice but feel there is a need for better education as we live in strange times where the media is way too sex crazed.
22. Do you plan on revamping any of QJ's policies?
I already have started and will continue to do so where it's needed. My main concern right now is to build trust between the staff and members so that everyone can enjoy themselves rather than feel they need to be at odds.
23. In your opinion, is the PSP a failure? Is there anything
you would have done differently had you been in charge?
My opinion is not unlike others; I'd like to have seen Sony provide the means to allow user created content. I also think the UMD media was a poor choice. other than that, I think they've done a great job of balancing features and price.
24. Do you agree with some of the regulars that QJ seems to have gone downhill
somewhat as of late?
Not really. Sure, many of the old crew are no longer regularly active but there's always new people around to fill the space. I think that things would be better if "regulars" tried a little more to welcome others.
25. Why did it take so long for you to receive Adminstration status?
Despite what people think, we don't get promoted because we've been here x amount of time. Administrator status is not typically something that someone gets promoted into; I simply fit a required role and have proven myself to be trustworthy and fair.
--This or That--
Legs or Butt: Butt
Black or White: are not colors
Chicken or Turkey: Turkey
BK or Mickey D's: BK
--End This or That--
26. Do you ever regret spending long hours on QJ helping the forums out?
I wouldn't be human if I didn't. (yes, that's right.. I'm not a bot)
27. Has a QJ forum staff member ever received any 'perks' from Yantis?
Not that I know of..
28. Are any of the QJ Staff in direct contact with Yantis?
I would imagine so, it's not like only one person owns the site network..
29. Who is Clay? What does he do? Why?
Clay is an admin and one of the owners of the network. Why? I'm not sure, probably for income.
30. Any user/staff promotions coming up in the future? I received
an anonymous tip that a certain baby microwaver could possibly be receiving
a VIP status soon.[/b]
There are no immediate plans but I wouldn't tell you if there was. Members who are considered are the first ones to know once they've been offered a role.
31. Would Audivo/Anubis make a good VIP, you think?
Both are really good members and they definitely help out a lot. I know that Adiuvo has already received praise from me but you just reminded me to thank Anubis.
32. Why haven't you publically posted a picture yet?
There are some things I choose to keep out of the general public. Put it this way, if you had a riddle in your location which gave coordinates to your house and had discussed what kind of car you drive, would you really want to be identifiable from the street. lol
33. Ok almost done. What do you see in the future of QJ?
If there's one thing you should know about me is that I hate speculation. As with everything else, only time will tell but, if I can, I hope to be involved for a long time to come.