Hi guys, I introduce myself as a long time reader but not an usual poster. I have been given a final project for last senior year in Methodology class, and I have to do some surveys in order to get to a conclusion, and because I like internet so much I have decided to make it about internet and socialization. I hope you can help answering the questions in the most sincere way you can. Remember that nobody will be labeled or "nicknamed" and that I only want to reach an objective reality.
My request is that you copy and paste the survey in a new post with your answers.
I'm sorry if some of them have punctuation errors or any kind of mistake, english is not my native tongue.
So, let's start.
1. How old are you?
2. In which forums and online games (such as mmorpgs) are you registered?
3. Approximately how much time a day you spend surfing the internet?
4. Of this time how much do you spend in:
In online games:
Work or school homework:
5. How much $$ do you spend a month in services or items related to Internet?
6. How often do you hang out of your home with friends/relatives/boyfriend or girlfriend?
7. Where do you usually go when you hang out?
8. How many people do you have registered as friends in chat programs/forums/etc? (MSN, ICQ, hi5, MySpace, Facebook, etc)
9. How many people can you count as "real friends"?
10. How do you normally communicate with the people you know?
(Choose the most used one among the following options: Telephone, cellphone, chat, e-mail, other [please specify])
11. Have you ever stayed home instead of hanging out with people just to stay connected to internet?
12. Have you met someone important (best friend, girlfriend/boyfriend, husband/wife) by internet?
(Please specify which type of relationship)
Thanks for your time, I am open to any suggestions to improve the writing of the survey.
Have a nice day:)