Well, I have recently started my research on video game perssuasion/influence on the real world and would like your input on this matter. I have sent various questions to developers of games but have not received any messages back answering my questions for this research. I wish now to ask you, as fellow games, your opinion on this topic.
These questions and answers may be used in a research thesis paper, so please, write in the English language and try to prevent the usage of slang if you would.
This is not the final theory, but just the "jist":
Theory to disprove/prove: Video games affect a gamer's view of the world around them and influences/impacts their actions taken in the real world.
1) Do games impact relationships, beliefs/values, decision-making, etc?
2) Does participating in a World War game and being playable on one side of the battlefield affect your outlook on that specific war in real life?
3) Do you think that being able to choose only one character in GTA of one race affects a gamers view of that race as they play with that character/person in GTA?
4) Do you think that games influence your everday actions?
5) Is there a "second life" for you in video games?
Any input in the following questions will be greatly appreciated for this research, thank you.