Step 1: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone on any baseband using ultrasn0w 0.93 from Cydia. To do this:
- Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
- Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “ultrasn0w.com” and touch on “Add Source”.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w 0.93” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Step 2: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone on iOS 4.0.1.