Note: Guide is based on a guide I wrote for Here.
Devhook is a application for the PSP that allows the user to emulate firmware up to 3.11 This application will allow users to have the newest features of the homebrew locked firmwares and the ability to run new games, without having to flash a different firmware to the PSP.
Although it can be more hassle to set up than custom firmware, the risks of bricking are lower, it's very easy to undo, and you can have multiple firmware versions installed at once, allowing you to choose the one you want for any given task.
Warning: Illegal files MAY NOT be linked to or referenced on this site. The same applies for troubleshooting how to load ISO files. Anybody who breaks these rules will receive a ban. If you are confused please read the [QJ] Policy.
The guide is split into two easy sections. File Install and Devhook install.
Needed FilesNeeded Files
Devhook v0.52.0100 Auto installer
1. Open devhook.zip and copy the folders PSP, fdm and dh to the root of the memory stick.
2. Then copy the 3.11 Update to
1. On the PSP go to the Game menu and run the Devhook Firmware Installer.
When Prompted too press X, the PSP will restart on its own when finished.
2. Once Finished launch Devhook
3. Scroll to Flash Install, and press O.
4. Now select "Install configfile to flash1:". A screen will come up if you accept the terms, hold O down for little over a second.
5. Once finished you will see "press any key to continue". Click anything.
Note: Lines repeats at the top of the screen
6. Scroll to Firmware on the devhook menu and select 3.11.
7. After doing so select "Start".
I get a BSoD (Blue Screen of Death)
Un-flash the Devhook config file, delete all of the Devhook files from your memory stick, and start over. I can assure you, this guide is written correctly
Can I over clock Devhook?Yes. There are two ways. The first is before you launch Devhook, go to clock speed, and selected a faster speed. Or, while in the emulated XMB (PSP main menu), press 'HOME', and select overclock.
How do I return to the firmware I'm emulating from?
1. In the XMB, press 'HOME'.
2. Scroll down to Escape Devhook, press 'O'
3. Now, left and right are switched, meaning that right selects Yes, and left selects No. This must be a glitch, because the functions are reversed. (Meaning that Yes won't quit, but No will)
4. Scroll to No, press 'O', and you will arrive at the firmware you started devhook from.
WritersBsk8er48/Brad - Writer
Hardrive - FAQ, content
DevelopersBooster - For making devhook
pdc - For making PBP Unpacker
PSPet - For making the original PSAR Extractor
The Noobz Team - For advancing PSAR Extractor to 3.0
C+D Team - For figuring out the 3.11 encryption
Misc.QJ.net - For hosting the files and these forums
Anybody else that we forgot - I'm sorry ;)