[GUIDE] Convert Videos to PMP format
Hey, I know there is a guide on the same topic but that one has not been updated for quite a while and the package available for download there has been outdated, so I am posting an updated mini guide on the topic, I will try to keep this updated with the latest releases.
Current Version of PMP mod is 2.02
Current Version of PMP muxer is 2.01
* Once youve got all the stuff above your ready to continue
- Extract the PMP conversion package to a directory on your hard drive
- Extract the PMP mod archive to your PSP/GAME/ directory
- Creat a folder called "VIDEO" in your PSP/ directory
- Run PMP simple.exe (its where you extracted the PMP conversion package)
- Click on Open and choose the video you would like to convert (note: at the bottom of the explorer window that pops up it is by default set to display only AVI's on your computer so just change that option to view all files)
- Then click on "Save as" and choose a location to place your converted file
- Feel free to mess around with the other options to suit your needs
- Once ready simply click on "Encode PMP" and a window will pop up and will start converting your file
- It will not take long to convert the file, when it has finished converting the window that poped up before will go away (trust me you'll know when its done)
- Place the converted file in your PSP\VIDEO\ folder
- Launch PMP mod on your PSP, select the file you want to play and hit X or O
1). Extract the PMP download package to a directory on your hard drive
2). Extract the PMP mod package to the PSP\GAME\ directory and also creat a folder called "VIDEO under PSP\ directory.
3). Run PMP Simple.exe
4). Once ready click on encode
5). Place the converted video in your PSP\VIDEO\ folder.
6). Go ahead and launch PMP mod on your PSP and you will be presented with a menu like this.
7). Select the file you wish to play and hit X or O
8). Enjoy some high quality stuff.
triangle = exit
o = toggle osd
x + right trigger = toggle loop
square = pause/play
left/right = rw/ff
x + left/right = faster rw/ff
up/down = change volume
select = cycle audio streams
left/right triggers = change luminosity
start = cycle aspect ratios
x + up/down = zoom up/down
Q. PMP mod gives error message "Invalid File Version" whenever I play something.
A. You are using a version 1 video converter (muxer) with a version 2 player, to solve this make sure you have the latest PMP mod and the latest version of pmp_muxer and simply replace the one in the package with the latest one.
This guide will be updated whenever a new release comes out so this error should never occur if you download the stuff here.
Note: Some people say that to solve most minor problems you have to already have a video in the PSP\VIDEO\ folder other than your converted video, if this is true then you can download a 0kb size video file here and place it in your PSP\VIDEO\ folder
PMP mod official site
Some screen shots of PMP mod on my PSP playing Prison Break
As you can see the quality is great.
* If there are other problems or anything that is incorrect please let me know so I can correct it