Can't wait for iPhone 3.0? Well I can't help you with that, here's something that might make you feel a little better. It's the 3.0 Beta Icons set, which will give your iPhone's SMS, Phone, and iPod icons look like the ones that come with 3.0. Oooooh time warp. Sorta.
This mod is available via the PwnCenter Source. Here are the instructions:
- SSH into your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Locate the main directory.
- Locate the 3.0 folder.
- Open the folders (root/3.0/Library/Themes/Icons) until you see the three icon files; iPod, Phone and Text.
- Copy the 3 icon files to your computer. You can do so by just dragging them onto your computer.
- SSH into the root/Library/Themes folder on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- In the root/Library/Themes folder, create a new folder titled 3.0 (or whatever you want to title it).
- Create a folder inside the 3.0 folder titled Icons (make sure you have a capital I).
- Drag the 3 icon files from your computer into the Icons folder you created on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Go into WinterBoard and select the 3.0 theme.
It's not copy-paste, but hey, makes your icons prettier.
- Dev-Team: iPhone 3.0 is jailbreakable, yellowsn0w warning
- iPhone 3.0: 100 new features (including copy paste), 1000 new APIs, unlocks iPod Touch 2G Bluetooth
- iPhone Dev team releases untethered jailbreak for iPod Touch 2G