Apple's giving out another slice of juicy update for all you iTunes fans out there. Update 8.1.1 is now out and about, promising to make your iTunes faster and more responsive!
The more basic functions of this update would include the improvement of working with large librarires, browsing the iTunes STore, prepping sync with iPod and iPhone, as well as optimizing photos for syncing.
But, you guessed it! There's more to it than just that:
- Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation).
- Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ.
- Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows.
- Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs.
- Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods.
- Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus.
- Includes many accessibility improvements.
- Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls.
This update also hosts support for HD movie rentals, and also squishes those bugs, including the ones found in VoiceOver and syncing with iPhone or iPod Touch. To download this update, just check out Apple's main page below.