Apple's App Store has reached its one-billionth download, and that's certainly a cause for a party. As part of their celebration, Apple has rolled out the list of the twenty most downloaded iPhone and iPod Touch applications, for both free and paid categories.
As the list would reveal, games take a huge chunk of the pie as 30 of the downloaded apps are free games, while it takes up 70 for the paid category.
Taking the number one spot in the paid categ is Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D from Activision. Apparently, a US 5.99 price tag is no deterrence for folks to get this game (this is already considered the priciest in the App Store along with Super Monkey Ball).
Also in the list are:
- Enigmo (Pangea)
- Bejeweled 2 (PopCap)
- Moto Chaser (Freeverse)
- Flick Fishing (Freeverse)
- Tetris (Electronic Arts)
As for the free categ, Tap Revenge of Tapulous takes the win, and ranks the fourth most popular app overall.
Other free categ winners are:
- Pac-Man Lite (Namco Bandai)
- Touch Hockey: FS5 (FlipSide)
- Labyrinth Lite Edition (Codify AB)
- iBowl (SGN)
Both #1 titles have been available on the App Store since day one.
Other Apple Articles:
- Steve Jobs still works from home despite being on leave
- Sniping on the go: Silent Scope heading to iPhone
- Mafia Wars coming to iPhone and iPod Touch