This week's iPhone Warrior is gonna be a lot different for two reasons: First is because we have quite a payload of games for you right here; and second is because I'm the one writing it evil laugh - Gino's probably lying on the beach completely drunk right now. Wait, that was me two days ago... Anyway, we do have a lot of iPhone games that you might be interested in, and one of 'em even got raps for being racist. There's also a shiny new iPhone in town. How shiny? Try 24-carat shiny! Better be comfy on that chair 'cause you're about to have a good read for the next few minutes - at least I'm hoping that you will.
This week's iPhone Weekend Warrior is packed with news and updates on available and upcoming games on the Apple App Store. From blowing up stuff, running your own zoo, to being in the ****pit of an F-22 Raptor, this week's batch would have your iPhone and iPod Touch gaming needs covered. Check 'em all out through the links below.
- Dead Man's Dungeon - Skeleton-slaying FPS
- Car Jack Streets - Kinda like a GTA for the iPhone
- Worms - Wriggling into the iPhone, but no specific date yet
- Knights Onrush - Employ amusing tactics to keep invaders from your castle.
- Need for Speed: Undercover - NFS is coming to the iPhone. Neat.
- Mass Effect: Jacob's Story - Prequel to Mass Effect 2
- Wolfenstein 3D Classic - Wolfenstein. FPS. Free. 'nuff said.
- iFPS Online - Online deathmatch FPS
- Defender Chronicles - A combination of Tower Defense and role-playing adventure
- Color Drops - Good gameplay, sound, graphics, and for free.
- Baseball Slugger - A Baseball title coming in May
- Top Gun - Flight simulator based on the 1986 movie
- Peggle - The highly-addictive PopCap creation comes to the iPhone
- Siberian Strike - A 1940s-themed shmup
- Zooloretto: Run your own zoo a la Theme Park
- Bombs Away: Drop bombs from the sky and blow stuff up below
- California Gold Rush: Dig tunnels and find amass lots of gold
One game got a bit of unexpected buzz
While this one isn't anywhere near as alarming as last week's Baby Shaker, Pocket God sparked a little ire at the Pacific Islands. No, it's not because of any religious reference, but because the in-game islanders resemble actual islanders. According to this islander group, the game "encourages the torture and killing of characters who resemble them." Yikes. Link
While many would argue that the iPhone is already a bit pricey, Goldstriker International comes up with a seriously blinging iPhone. It's not gold-plated, no sir! It's 24-carat solid gold, complete with diamonds shaping the Apple logo at the back. The price? A whopping US 34,168. How come we didn't see this on a rapper's video first? Link
Update on iPhone OS 3.0
Apple's already released the fourth beta for OS 3.0 for devs to start playing with it and work their magic for it. Now along with that release comes an iTunes 8.2 pre-release which is said to be carrying references to Blu-ray data. As a result, rumors are now running wild claiming that the multimedia player will support the Blu-ray format. Link
That's all folks, now wasn't that worth your while?