Here's a great one. Caster is a third-person shooter with smooth graphics and even smoother gameplay. The hero is packing some serious power, not with the usual automatic rifles and gatling guns, but with flashy energy blasts and light beams. Just like Mega Man, a quick change in color allows him to select a new power to use, complete from rapid-firing shots, multiple-hit blasts, and even terraforming powers.
Indie game dev Elecorn has been developing Caster since his college days. In January, just over five years since his work began, his work came to fruition when his game came out for the PC and Mac, getting positive reviews since then. For a game that was developed by one guy, Caster is definitely something to write home about, with screenshots attached no less.
Other than your arsenal of upgradable weapons, Caster also features 15 missions of scenic 3D environments, as well as three levels of difficulty. Here's a list of all the other features from the developer:
- Use Natural and Intuitive Controls!
- Listen to Pulse Pounding Music by Trance Emerson (www.tranceemerson.com)
- Dash across 15 Scenic Landscapes!
- Destroy enemy Flanx and cause Massive Terrain Deformation using 6 Unique Attacks!
- Heal the infected land and Bring Trees Back to Life!
- Upgrade your abilities to become an ALL POWERFUL HARBINGER OF LIFE AND DESTRUCTION.
- Play at 3 difficulty levels, Casual, Normal, and EXTREME!
The full version of Caster is available at the App Store for US 4.99, but you can get the lite version for free.
More iPod Touch and iPhone games: