It's been a while since we last heard from Winnydows but now she's back with a new update for Winnydows Commander. For those who don't know what this homebrew app does, Winnydows Commander is a media manager designed for various devices like the PSP and iPhone. Now the latest update adds a media player and preview mode making the homebrew a full-pledged media center app.
Here's the full changelog of the release:
- Fixed various problems with DVR-MS files.
- Fixed bugs with thumbnails creation.
- Fixed update thumbnail function.
- To context menu of explorer added simple "Compare" function - search difference in two selected text files (.txt or .reg).
- Fixed various problems with media coding.
- Updated and enhanced design of media converter module.
- Now you can change source interlace and aspect.
- Added internal media player. Player have all important functions - fullscreen, mouse wheel zoom, track selection, track info, frame skip.
- Media player play media with internal decoding rules - this mean no system codec hell and very fast file opening (for files with known rules).
- Media player can use all filtering power from encoder module and can dynamic change decoder for current media type.
- Media player play video with Deep colors (0-255), in this case video look much better than in most players.
- This version of MP have only one problem - eat a lot of CPU power and depend on memory speed - 720p-1080p will drop frames on slow systems. This problem will be fixed in 1.008.
- Media converter module have preview now.
- Most player functions work in preview also.
- You can change any encoding option with opened preview and change will be apply to picture and sound.
- For media file added Show in GraphEdit function. This function show how file will be played with system rules.
- Preview also possible Show in GraphEdit now. Usefull for diagnostic cases only.
- For explorer add fast function - Open in Media converter. With one click create media converter module and add file to tasks with opened preview.
- Now all encoding options can be dynamicly changed - with rendered or preview status.
Download: Winnydows Commander 1.007