As reported yesterdeay, Resident Evil Degeneration has been generating on the App Store for a couple of weeks now, much to the surprise of many with Capcom's odd silence. Some posited that this is just probably fan-made and not an official Capcom release, hence the absence of a press release. However, the intricacy of the gameplay would show that this is indeed official.
Besides, I would think that the App Store would be particularly strict when it comes to releasing a title in the namesake of a franchise as popular as Resident Evil. Anyhow, here's the game in action. There are also a couple more info on the gameplay below.
- Explore Harvardville Airport, rescue survivors, unlock puzzles and battle an army of undead.
- Use your in-game PDA to collect intel, manage inventory and access maps.
- Laser targeting allows the players to make aimed accurate shots.
- Backgrounds, character models and objects are all rendered in full 3D.
- Tilt device to reload, shake iPhone/iPod Touch to shake off Zombies
For US 6.99, it's all yours.
Related Resident Evil Degeneration iPhone Article: