An iPhone dev called ARCTAN recently released iLodeRunner on the App Store. Interestingly enough, the game looks pretty much the same as the original Lode Runner from the days of the Apple II. An unofficial remake, maybe?
Features listed by the developer:
- Graphics, sound and gameplay virtually identical to the original 1983 version.
- All 150 levels from the original LodeRunner!
- Two control modes:
- Accelerometer: Tilt to move, tap to dig.
- Touch: Tap to move, swipe to dig.
- Extra features include level select, high scores, and game speed control.
- Level editor coming soon!
If this is a jailbreak homebrew app, then what is it doing in the App Store? It really doesn't seem to be an official remake, and it even carries a US 3.99 price tag. If so, we can expect this one to get pulled down for copyright issues.
More iPod Touch, iPhone games: