With the official release of the iPhone OS 3.0 earlier this week, this week's iPhone Weekend Warrior is packed with news regarding the new firmware. If you've been lagging behind the updates, read on and walk yourself through the details and the issues surrounding OS 3.0.
But before we go cover the heavy stuff, let's take a few minutes to go over the games we saw this week.
- Wild West Pinball - A great pinball game, currently free in the App Store
- Golden Axe - The classic 2D sidescrolling adventure is now in the iPhone
- Castle of Magic - 2D sidescroller with good graphics and lifespan
- Mecho Wars - The prequel to Eternity's Child, a Luc Bernard creation
On Shelves Special Edition: 20 free must-have iPhone Apps
With tens of thousands of apps in the App Store, it could take you hours trying to find great ones that you can download for free - I would know, it happened to me while writing this one! Scouring games and apps of new and old, here's a list of 20 must-have ones that you can get for absolutely no charge.
ESRB planning to go mobile, wants to rate App Store games too
With the absence of a formal rating system for the thousands of App Store apps, Apple has stuck to its own method of content control in their storefront. It was only a matter of time before this one came in - the ESRB now wants to rate App Store games in addition to the ratings that it hands out to the games of all the other gaming platforms.
Dual-core iPhone due in 2010
I haven't even gotten my claws on a 3G S and already there's a new one coming out. Tech site CNet reported earlier this week that ARM, a company that designs chips for Apple and other smartphones has confirmed that they will deliver multi-core processors in 2010 for the next iPhone making it more powerful and energy efficient.
iPhone OS 3.0
- After much waiting, torrent-scanning, and news-watching, Apple has finally released iPhone OS 3.0 earlier this week. The new OS supports internet tethering, stereo Bluetooth audio, and a number of features that you may also want to know about. Link
- After the official release, you know what's coming next - it's jailbreak time! No less than the iPhone DevTeam came up with yet another biggie for iPhone users worldwide. Link
- As promised, the iPhone DevTeam has released the much awaited jailbreak for iPhone OS Firmware 3.0 for both iPhone and iPod Touch users. Unfortunately for Windows users, PwnageTool 3.0 is only available for Mac OS X but QuickPwn for Mac OS X and Windows will be available soon according to the DevTeam. Link