Apple released yesterday the iPhone SDK 3.1 beta and iPhone OS 3.1 beta for the lucky developers for testing. The SDK is now available for download on the iPhone Dev Center page. So what's new in the upcoming iPhone OS 3.1?
The developers have reported some of the changes found in the upcoming iPhone OS 3.1 and it includes the following:
- Trimming video clips on the iPhone 3GS now offers the ability to save the edited version as a copy rather than simply overwriting the original file.
- Voice Control over Bluetooth is now available, allowing users to Initiate calls and control music playback via Bluetooth headsets.
- MMS is now enabled by default, but still not supported by AT&T.
- iPhone vibrates when rearranging Home screen icons.
- A "Fraud Protection" toggle is now available in Safari settings.
- iPhone startup and shutdown and app launching times have improved.
- New APIs allow developers of third-party application to access and edit videos.
- OpenGL and Quartz have seen improvements.