As predicted by the iPhone DevTeam, the iPhone OS 3.1 is coming quickly to fix the issues with 3.0, which is also one of the main reasons they opted not to release the jailbreak they've prepared. Now with the 3.1 demo out, the DevTeam warns would-be jailbreakers to stay away from the new update if they still want to use ultrasn0w. Catch the news behind the iPhone scene and plus our usual iPhone game news in this week's iPhone Weekend Warrior.
- Dirt Moto Racing - Offroad ATV racer with polished graphics and solid controls
- Columns Deluxe - Now for free until the end of the 4th of July Weekend
- Zenonia - The phenomenal iPhone RPG just got updated
- Rolando - Almost got pulled from the App Store to make way for its sequel. Almost.
- Tyrian - A blast from the DOS past.
- Doom Resurrection - Now available. Dev interview here.
- 3D Rollercoaster Rush - Sequel to Rollercoaster Rush with great graphics
iPhone games galore
- With Doom Resurrection and Wolfenstein RPG, id Software promises new projects to be released for the iPhone and iPod Touch every two or three months. Titles will include Quake, Wolfenstein 3D Classic, and Doom 2 RPG. Link
iPhone game teaser
- With no name, no publisher, and no further info other than a Summer 2009 release, a mystery trailer surfaces, hinting the coming of what appears to be a big iPhone game. Link
The iPhone 3GS Jailbreak
- Early this week, the iPhone DevTeam announced that they've successfully jailbroken the new iPhone 3GS, but citing a number of reasons, they opted not to release the file just yet, keeping it hidden from the eyes of Apple. Link
- As predicted by the iPhone DevTeam, the iPhone OS 3.1 is coming real quick, and the demo is already out, complete with a list of features. Link
- Naturally, OS 3.1 is set not only to fix problems with the 3.0, but to add anti-jailbreak measures for the iPhone. DevTeam warns that if you wanna jailbreak your iPhone, stay away from 3.1. Link