Team17 has finally let loose a small platoon of earthworms today as they release the much awaited turn-based strategy game, Worms is now available in the Apple App store. The game features 50 challenges and quick play modes for the single player and four-player hot-seat multiplayer support with random level creation.
Other features of the game includes:
- Authentic Worms action with crisp audio-visuals akin to previous High Definition Team17 console releases.
- 26 Weapons, tools and utilities including classic Worms weapons & iconic favourites such as the Holy Hand Grenade, Concrete Donkey, Sheep and Ninja Rope!
- 6 great themes with randomly generated levels for unbelievable replay value.
- A range of ten game-play modes offering a range of game styles from traditional, hard-core, explosive, faster paced or deeper strategy.
- Create and name your own Worms. Give them a range of wacky voices & gravestones.
- Unlock new voices and rewards as you play through the single player challenges.
- Innovative Multi-Touch user interface, including pinch to zoom, two-finger scroll, etc.
- iPod music support, play your own music library in game, or enjoy the default music.
- Save game status on quit. This all-new feature automatically saves to the last turn if you exit the application and is great for longer battles. Unique to this version!
- Fully localised in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch & Japanese.
Worms is now available in the Apple App store for US 4.99.
- Team 17: New Alien Breed Evolution coming, iPhone Worms 'not long now'
- Gameplay video: Worms on iPhone