Stealth-heavy titles haven't really penetrated the iPhone and iPod Touch's overflowing stable of games. Even Metal Gear Solid Touch, a game from a series built on stealth-based gameplay, wasn't really all that sneaky.
Those looking for a stealth game they can really sink their teeth into should probably keep an eye out for Oniric Games' Silent Swords. It looks like a mix of classic sidescrolling action and all the sneakiness you can expect from a ninja trying to break out of a military facility.
Silent Swords is heavily laced with stealth aspects: hiding in shadows to take out enemies in one strike, avoiding lights to remain unseen, and using the environment for camouflage. here's a rundown of the game's features:
- True stealth action at your fingertips
- Avoid the lights and become invisible in the shadows
- Unique controls: shake to jump, tap repeatedly to control how fast you move
- Dispatch nearby enemies using gesture-driven sword attacks
- Swipe your finger to throw shurikens and knock down enemies before they notice you
- Use your environment for camouflage
- Be part of the game! Create your own level and share it with others at the Silent Swords Community Level website
Silent Swords has just been submitted to Apple for approval. Oniric Games has a level design contest lined up for the more creative gamers out there once the game goes live on the App Store so look out for it.