With the latest release of Apple's new OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, some of Mac users might be wondering if the update is still compatible with the redsn0w jailbreak or ultrasn0w unlock. Well thankfully, it still is according to the iPhone DevTeam.
According the the team, the latest OS released by Apple poses no risk for the redsn0w jailbreak or ultrsn0w unlock. So to summarize the iPhone DevTeam tools:
- You can use redsn0w to jailbreak any iPhone or iPod Touch using OS X, Windows, or Linux. For both 3.0 and 3.0.1 firmwares, you should point redsn0w at the 3.0 IPSW. If you see it hang at waiting for reboot , just unplug and replug that USB cable.
- You can use ultrasn0w to unlock the iPhone 3G/3GS, or BootNeuter to unlock the iPhone 2G. Both ultrasn0w and BootNeuter are available via Cydia.
- You can use PwnageTool for Mac to create custom IPSWs with pre-installed packages.
- iPhone DevTeam: use redsn0w v0.8 to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0.1
- Ultrasn0w v0.9 released, ultra tips from the iPhone Dev Team