his hack is brought to you by lots of work from me (DJ) and Kingstone (iPodWizard Developer).
Click on the links below to download the required iPod Firmware.
If you view this please Digg It
Digg It! For Video
1. Extract the .zip file (containing the firmware for your respective iPod) to C:\.
2. Go to run, and type “CMD”
3. In CMD, type “cd c:\”
4. See if you see your iPod's name in the console, if not, increase the number 1 by one and try the same line.
5. Skip to 5a if you have a nano, or 5b if you have a photo.
5a. Type “ipodpatcher -w X nano” (replace X with your number)
5b. After you've got your number type this: "ipodpatcher -w X photo" (replace X with your number).
6. Allow your iPod to update, and then unplug it.
7. Enjoy your new background!
This tutorial by iMod All Night
Ok first of all this deletes all of your songs. It downgrades your Firmware to 1.1.1 So dont upgrade in itunes 1.2.1 or the background is gone.
1. Put all the files in one dir (preferably C:\).
2. Goto Start->Run and type cmd.
3. Plug in your iPod.
4. Move to the directory where you put the files by typing "CD C:\" (without quotes).
5. Type "ipodpatcher -i 1" (without quotes) and press Enter key.
6. See if you see your iPod's name in the console, if not, increase the number 1 by one and try the same line.
7. After you've got your number type this: "ipodpatcher -w N video" (replace N with your number).
8. Go into IpodWizard and change the image on index 133.
9. Boot up your iPod and get into disk mode.
10. Do a format in My Computer. Right Click on your ipod and click format. (either quick format or format doesn't matter prefer normal format though).
when you do steps 1-8 when you turn on your ipod your ipod will have a the apple sign on it will keep turning on and off. Just keep holding middle button and the play button untill disk mode comes up.
Background Image Changing Tutorial
If you wish to change the default image (OS X BG) that is contained in the firmware file, follow these steps.
1. Change edit mode to iPod in top left of iPodWizard.
2. Load the firmware file that you downloaded.
3. Go to index #78 for Nano and index #149 for Photo.
4. Click load and replace the default image.
5. Enjoy your new background!