And now we have here the April 2009 Release Notes for Asheron's Call. Turbine's promising a whole lot of changes now that "the snow has all melted away, and Baby Creatures have appeared on the landscape."
Check out the list:
- Many monsters that don't drop corpses now drop treasure piles. This is to fix an issue where loot wouldn't drop if the monster was in certain animation state when killed.
- The XP on Moarsmen Isle and Freebooter Isle landscape creatures has been increased.
- A new bottle style quest has been added that begins with a note that will drop from a particular type of creatures. The dungeon for this quest may not be what most players expect.
- A new level has been added to the Crystalline Crag Dungeon.
- Spring has finally arrived. The snow has melted and baby creatures are appearing on the landscape once again.
- Slayers can now be added to the Sword of Lost Light.
- A stranger has shown up in The Lost Portal town. She appears to be looking for some specific items.
- The Rare Exchanger NPC has had some adjustments made.
- The Exploration and Monthly Kill tasks have been updated.
- Arc spells have had their damage increased like the bolt spells did last month.
- The Olthoi Matron Colosseum fight has been tweaked more based on feedback.
- Spirit Drinker 8 now does 8 ; Blood Loather 8 now matches Blood Drinker 8.
- Paralyzing Fear will now override Incantation of Slowness Other.
- Adept rank Graveyard quests will now give you another tracing paper and supplies if you town crier the originals.
- The PvP town now has a new mechanic which allows the town to be taken after 27 hours. Players of the winning faction after the town is taken will now also be rewarded Mana Forge Keys.
- Armor kits now look like a black gem when bought; when the gem is used it creates an armor kit in your pack.
- New items to use the armor kits on:
Doomshark Hide Coat
Scourge's Hide Leggings
- Moarsman City has received some slight changes. Make sure you check them out!
- The Crate of Olthoi Acid Arrowheads now pluralizes correctly.
- The Bound Wisp now portals you back to the start of Crystalline Crag.
- The Following quests have had 2 use Mana Forge Keys added to the rewards for completing them:
Jester Released (the jester you fight not the one you let out of the cell) key only receivable once every 2 weeks whereas Jester can be fought every 3 days
Jester Focuses (K'nath Core quest)
Dreams of the Hopeslayer
Vision of the Past
These quests have also been fitted with the pack space check on reward.
- The Jester Released quest will now tell you how long until you can do it again.
- A typo in the Uber Towers in The Tower Defense has been fixed.