After the good news that the China server for World of Warcraft is now back up and running after two months of hiatus, it's time to get all patched up. Patch 3.2.2 has just been released by Blizzard, and we're giving you a sneak peek at what's in it.
It's a lengthy list, you'll have to go to their site for the full update:
- The Brood Mother Returns
- After years of lurking in her lair battling the many brave adventurers who travelled from afar to challenge her, Onyxia returns stronger than before to commemorate World of Warcraft's five-year anniversary.
- Onyxia has been scaled to offer new challenges to level 80 players in 10- and 25-player modes.
- Adjusted for modern raiding, but with the fundamental experience of fighting the Brood Mother still in effect, including the horrors of her Deep Breaths!
- Onyxia will now drop level 80 item versions of some classic loot items from the level 60 encounter.
- Brood of Onyxia, a very rare 310 -speed mount modeled after Onyxia herself will be available for the luckiest of challengers.
- Armor Penetration Rating: The amount of armor penetration gained per point of this rating has been reduced by 12 .
- Players level 11 and higher will now always see a daily Battleground quest, as the quest giver will only offer daily quests for a Battleground in which a player is eligible to participate according to level bracket (i.e. players levels 11-20 will always be offered a Warsong Gulch daily quest, while players levels 11-50 will be offered either an Arathi Basin or a Warsong Gulch daily quest, etc.).
- Blizzard unveils new WoW expansion: Cataclysm
- Warner Bros. wants Warcraft franchise, like Harry Potter, Batman