I've tried this and I am unable to figure out the exact solution.
So, I tried replacing the spaceship sprite in Pateters tutorials with a bitmap of my own, and I did the following steps:
1. Made the .bmp in 256 colors
2. Used the following command in gfx2gba: gfx2gba -pPalette -c256 -t1 image.bmp
3. Used the new palette and the new .raw(renamed it to .bin) in the code instead of their "orangeship" equivalents
I'm getting a 64 by 64 image with no color in it. Can anyone help me out?
I'll be glad if I'm told the exact pipeline for:
1. A sprite made in 24 bit ".bmp" format
2. A background made in 24 bit ".bmp" format