The Japanese version of Pokemon D/P was released a while ago and some people have already deciphered a lot of the mystery around it. I think some of the changes are awesome and I would like to know what you guys think about it.
I'm sure theres a few things I've missed but I can't remember them anymore. From what I can see, this game will be awesome. Online trading will mean it won't be hard to complete the pokedex and also battling will be much more competetive.
- You can transfer Pokemon from any of the GBA games after you have passed a certain place in Pokemon D/P. However you are limited to transfering 6 Pokemon per cartridge per day. Once they have been transfered, you can't transfer them back.
- The new total number of Pokemon is 493. To see a list of the new ones and their pictures, click here. Some Pokemon have 2 pictures, that is because some male and female pokemon of the same species look different.
- Pokemon contests are back, but this time you can dress up pokemon with items you have collected in order to improve their appearance.
- Wifi features battling and trading with friend codes. There is a global trade center which allows you to trade without friend codes. Just select the pokemon you want, and those that you are willing to trade and you will get a notification if someone has what you want and needs what you have.
- The core battle system has had some dramatic changes. Before, all attacks of a certain type belonged to either special attacks or physical attacks. That means if you had a high attacking stat, fire, grass, water etc attacks would do little damage. This has changed now, the type of attack is not dependant on type meaning you can mix many type moves without suffering any penalty.