Hey there, I'm new to modding and I'm look for the perfect cart, one thats not too expensive or too slow. I've already looked through the DS carts and they are way too expensive/complex for me to handle. If I understand correctly, the DS needs a Flash Cart and a Pass Me to run, and all the guide posted on these forums did was confuse me, if it could tell me what exactly to buy and what to do program-wise on a step by step basis I could handle it. (by which I mean something like this ((and I know that this is probably in no way how it actually goes, this is just an example)):
step one: buy *insert cart brand name here*
step two: connect cart to computer
step three: download *insert program name*
step four: *explain how to run program on computer/cart*
step four: etc.) Another problem with the DS carts is this is actually a present for a friend, but I can't check her DS for firmware because I don't live near her and don't wanna give the surprise away. I heard aboot carts that used to be used on the GBA though, ones that could still runs SNES roms and did it with only one cart. They sound a lot simpler but I can't really find info on them anywhere else though, and I can't trust any other forums. These are the only forums I trust because they helped me with PSP trouble like a year back. With all this in mind I would like to ask a few questions:
1. Do GBA flash carts work on the DS? I don't want them to run DS games or anything fancy mind you, mostly just SNES emulators and games such as Final Fantasy, translated Dragon Warrior games and Earthbound.
2. What are my choices in SNES emulators for GBA? Which would you say is "the best?"
3. Can you please recommend a GBA cart (and everything that it needs) and a place to buy the cart to me (and link it if you can)? I've looked around and everything I've seen is untrustworthy, too expensive, or sold out. I've got just around 50-70 bucks to spend on the whole thing too, just to let you know.
4. What exactly do I do with the cart? How do I set it up with the emulator?
5. This really isn't a question, more of an alternative to the above idea. If you think my GBA cart idea is dumb and I should still go with the DS then I can go get the DS firmware version of my friends DS, but I need someone to give me a step by step, 1-2-3, bare bones, God-I'm-So-Retarded guide on what to buy and how to set up the DS for playing the SNES emulator. And it also has to be within the 50-70 dollar limit.
Well, that's my situation. Please, anybody, help me out as quickly as you can, this is a gift for one of my best friends and we're like sisters. If you'd rather email me on the subject you can email me at email@example.com. If I recieve help and am able to set up the Rom playing cart promptly enough I might even donate a couple of bucks to whoever helps me via paypal (if you have it.)