****PointyRemote Tutorial by TheMarioKarters!****
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to run PointyRemote by Pointless on your NDS/NDSL.
This is a VNC type app that lets you remote control your PC via your DS/DSL. You will be able to use most functions, excluding flash, java, and some other advanced functions. Web browsers like Opera, Internet Explorer, and Firefox were all tested by me and work great.
Let's get started, shall we?
1. Download PointyRemote 0.000015a.
2. Unzip the file, you will see PointyRemote.ds.gba, PointyRemote.nds, readme.txt, and server.exe.
3. Extract the NDS file to any location on your flashcart. Supercard users will need to rename PointyRemote.ds.gba to PointyRemote.nds and then place it on their flashcart.
4. Run the server.exe on your computer.
5. Boot up the NDS file via your flashcart.
6. Select "Connect to an AP"
7. Select "Search for an AP"
8. Choose your router
9. Touch "Connect"
10. It should say "Connecting to AP" and then "Connected!" if everything is successful
11. Select "UDP Test <PointyRemote>"
12. It should come to a "Change Dest IP" screen. Now go on your computer and find out your IP address. Windows users can open command prompt and type in "ipconfig" It will say IP Address. . . . . . . : YOUR IP
13. Edit the screen to your IP, and hit "Accept"
14. You should now have two black screens, hit "A" and then "B" to refresh the screens. You should now see your desktop on the top screen, and a zoomed version on the bottom screen.
15. Yay, we're all done! You've successfully run PointyRemote! Now, look below for controls.
Press "A" to refresh the zoomed screen
Press "B" to refresh the full screen
Press "L" to switch screens
Press "Select" to enter text
Tap the screen to click as a mouse
Put the full view to the bottom screen, then tap where you want to go. Switch with "L" and then click with the stylus.
Here's an example of what it will look like: