During the weekend, the Wood Firmware v1.29 was released,let's take a look.
Wood R4 kernel download
• all games with intros re-dumped. intro related code removed.
• 'bejeweled twist' fixed.
• 'cosmetick paradise princess life (japan)' fixed.
• 'rio' fixed.
• force save size to 512K for 'radiant historia'.
• 'tinker bell and the great fairy rescue (usa)' fixed.
• 'wizards of waverly place - spellbound (usa)' fixed.
• 'wizards of waverly place - spellbound (europe)' fixed.
• 'mario & sonic at the olympic winter games' icepeak freeze fixed.
• 'chronicles of mystery - the secret tree of life (usa)' fixed.
• soft-reset in 'super mario 64' fixed.
And also some more details about it.
For the next few releases I will post questions and answers from a very short interview with the Yellow Wood Goblin. The questions are simple, sometimes have 2-3 word answers, focus on the firmware itself, but also aim to provide a tiny bit of insight while asking what the Goblin’s favorite games/homebrews are.
Without further ado, our first question:
Q: Why did you take the source code offline?
A: Main reason: many cases of license violations.
Please feel free to discuss the firmware update as well as the interview in this news thread.