My, it has been a while ;)
I'm Scott, better known on the internet as "n00neimp0rtant." Amid the recent PS3 hacking developments, I decided to come back to the scene again and possibly even get involved.
I decided to create a brand-new handle because I was pretty stupid back in the day =P I used to be "IndianCheese," and I've been a part of the PSP hacking scene since the old KXploit days. My contributions to the scene included a mildly-popular Flash portal and a Lua utility for individuals who wanted LocationFree back on their PSPs when CFW took up too much space on the flash0.
I left the scene abruptly following the jailbreak of the iPod touch G1 (the era in which Team M33 was revealed to be Dark_Alex's "alter ego"), and save for updating my kid brother's CFW a once or twice (he might only be 8 years old right now, but he's a huge Sega Genesis junkie), I didn't even so much as check out the PSP News on DCEmu or QJ for all this time.
I've been active in the iPhone hacking scene for a while...through iNdependence, Installer, SummerBoard, OktoPrep, Pwnage, JailbreakMe 1 and 2, and all the various unlocksn0ws (these names coming back to any of you? ;) The past summer I spent learning ObjC, and I have an app in the App Store, as well as a popular addon in Cydia (any of you use OpenNotifier?).
So, here I am again, very much lost upon all the recent developments. Though I'm aware this isn't quite the forum, I figure I might as well pose a few questions to help me get back on track:
- Can every PSP, including the Go, run signed homebrew on OFW?
- Can the Go run any CFW? If so, which is the latest? (I don't have one, only my two PSP-1001s, but would like to get one)
- What is the status on accessing PSN with an old system software version? Does the DNS trick still work if I host the server myself?
- My siblings updated my PS3 to 3.56 =[ can I run signed homebrew on it? (I would prefer to never have to use CFW on my PS3)
- Are there any limitations to what homebrew can do on OFW versus CFW?
I've done my fair share of Googling, and I have answers for most of these questions, but I wanted to confirm before I invest in a Go.
Again, it's great to be back, and thanks in advance for helping answer these questions for me ;)
Oh, and does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to anything other than anime pictures?