Today r4i gold from r4ids.cn team has released the update patch for r4i gold users who want to want to update their card to work for DSi V1.44. At first, you need to know whether your r4i gold need to do the update.
Take a look at this pic
The first and third icons can work on the DSi V1.44 without updating. if you have this kind of r4i gold 3ds, feel free to update your DSi system to V1.44 and still use your flashcart.
If you see the second icon in your console, then you need to update your r4i gold card first before you update your DSi console.
1. Download the latest wood firmware from here: wood V1.46 extract it and put all the files in the root of your SD card.
2. Download the update patch from here: http://filetrip.net/...atch---1-0.html As always, there are two files in this folder, one is for updating by DSi , and the other is for updating by DSL. If you have updated your DSi to V1.44, then you can only use a DS console to do the update. Put the correct update patch in your SD card.
3. Insert your r4i gold 3ds card and SD card into the DS/DSi console. power on and run the update patch.
4. If you use the DS console, you need to take out the flashcart and then reinsert it again and press the "A " to start the update, If you use a V1.43 or lower DSi, just press A to start the update.
5. Just wait until it finishes updating.