If you've been keeping up with internet memes, chances are you've seen a Caramelldansen video or animated GIF at one time or another. I'm not sure if the meme itself's still alive but a DS homebrew dev has made an app that lets you make your own Caramelldansen vids using your DS.
The app's features are listed below. You can also check out a video of it for a better idea.
- Playback animation loops of various framerates up to 20 frames in duration
- Special effects such as panning, scaling, rotation, fade to white/black,
- Mp3 soundtrack
- cute and colorful appearance (could be better however >_>)
- Records user inputs and replays in exact timing as performed originally sync'd to the mp3
- adjustable framerates full stop to 60fps, with single frame advance option
- GUI using the touchscreen, ooo ahh :p
- Power Management so closing the lid saves battery..
- 12 point japanese font renderer with SJIS input rendered in mode5
- Up to 3 backgrounds are used on engine A (the purpose of this was partly to test background management system)
The app's actually up at version 0.3 now. The following have been added in the latest release:
- added debug information at startup for troubleshooting
- reorganized code and moved key detection to vblank interrupt
- CaramellDansenv0.3 Sources
Download: CaramellDansen v0.3