Lazyone is most certainly not being lazy with this latest release of his DS homeberw, Wolfenstein 3D Test Release. While it's only a few days old, and there may be some things missing, it should be palyable.
Here are the info you need to know:
Registered Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny builds are available
Status bar on bottom screen
(Hopefully) All 320 200 screens should be drawn properly rather than hacked into 256 192
.Basic sound effects, no music or item pickup sounds yet. I wasn t happy using an opl emulator for those so I ll use a more suitable format later.
Saving/loading should be working properly now
Bugs and incomplete things:
- No left handed mode yet
- No automap
- On screen keyboard does not allow capital letters for some reason
- Demos do not play properly
- Move forward: Up arrow
- Move back: Down arrow
- Move left: Left arrow
- Move right: Right arrow
- Strafe left: L shoulder button
- Strafe right: R shoulder button
- Fire: A
- Use: B
- Run: Y
- Change weapon: X
- Pause: Start
- Back to menu: Select
- Menu OK/Y: A
- Menu Cancel/N: B
And finally, the zip file you'll be downloading below contains 4 NDS binaries:
- Put your data files in /data/wolf3d, it doesn t matter where you put the executables though.
- DLDI Patch for your device if you need to.
- wolf3d-ds_sdm.nds : Spear of Destiny demo
- wolf3d-ds_sod.nds: Spear of Destiny registered
- wolf3d-ds_wl1.nds: Wolfenstein 3D shareware
- wolf3d-ds_wl6.nds: Wolfenstein 3D registered
- Another way of looking at it is the _xxx binary goes with the extension of your data files.
Download: Wolfenstein 3D Test Release