It's been while since we had an update for the excellent homebrew game Powder but recently homebrew coder Jeff Lait has released a new version of the game. The new release is packed with a lot of features that the long delay is truly worth the wait.
Here's the changelog for release 111:
Thanks to OMightyBuggy for the heads up!
- Further Makefile clean up, using (RM) and other niceties. (Zasenko Sergey)
- Applied WinCE compatibility patches. (Ilya Kasnacheev)
- Ibson the Grey's tileset is now built into the SDL builds of POWDER rather than requiring you to use the From Disk... option. (It is not in the DS, GBA, WINCE versions)
- Unique monsters have a ! badge to distinguish them before you engate in battle. (Andreas Bohm)
- When fully charged spells will get a yellow glow so you can tell 99 charge from fully ready.
- Tameness should no longer expire while you still live. (Tobias Pierce)
- Tame creatures whose masters die will go wild after five turns and be also confused. You now have a good reason to go after the leaders of rooms first.
- Kobold Assassins can inflict bleeding wounds, as was always intended. (Tobias Pierce)
- Radius of the burst when bottles break is dependent on curse/blessed status.
- Poisoned smoke potions are more useful. (Tobias Pierce)
- Smashing potions will interact with existing smoke. (CYBER_Aeon)
- Tridude on the keyboard is now a proper tridude. (Bunnyriffic)
- Artifacts have an overlay to distinguish them and are always above mundane items in piles (Stefan O'Rear)
- New POWDER icon thanks to Sam Goldfield!
- Crash when you load the game on a level with more than 32 active smoke tiles fixed. (Lawrence T. Levine)
- Iron Golems and Stone Golems have the proper second attack, and hence hit much harder. (Nicholas Young)
- Spells and skills are listed even if you are amnesic in character dumps. (Meddyan)
- Vampire bats should ignore bloodless targets. (CYBER_Aeon)
- Vampire bats gain food when they suck blood. (Tobias Pierce)
- Creatures will be more careful in what they eat, especially familiars. (Tobias Pierce)
- Being poisoned by something more powerful will properly clear the weaker poison
Download: Powder Release 111 (PSP)
Download: Powder Release 111 (DS)