DS Game Maker developer, James Garner, has emailed us to inform of the release of the latest version for his homebrew app, DS Game Maker v3.1. He calls it a "significant update", primarily because of the big changes he's installed in this installment.
Check out the comprehensive changelog below:
- Sprites starting with the same name and one continuing past it would get their pallets all mixed up. Detecting the comma in my array fixed it. For example, "Sprite1" and "Sprite12".
- Pesky delete sprite bug. The code is much improved, cleaner, faster. It looks at the sprite control name now as well as X and Y. It should work.
- Pack and Go now works for all XDS files. The XDS file was left out if it's filename contained a space.
- A menu bar, with all of the program's commands thereon. This also gives the program shortcuts, like Ctrl O for open.
- A Variable manager, which lets you create variables to use in your game. You can give numbers random values
- Edit Image button for Sprites and Backgrounds, and a Launch button for Sounds
- No more Compile, Now 2 buttons: Test Game (opens the game with your emulator, no interruption), and Create .NDS and Save (basically like Export game)
- Facility for resizing backgrounds if they are not the size of the DS screen. Appears if you Load a background of an incorrect size.
As for his future plans:
- The Registered actions are no longer Registered. They're all FREE.
- In the Free Edition, there is a limit of 3 rooms, you can't use Sound and there's in-game ads. So you can sample --everything-- DSGM has to offer with all the actions.
- Pro Edition costs $11.99 for a lifetime license: http://order.dsgamemaker.com
We'll definitely be looking forward to the next update! Thanks for the heads up, James!
- Paths and a Path editor
- Sprite Frame (animation) editor
- Publish to Website button working
- Ability to buy and sell resources (sprites, backgrounds) from a "Game Creators Store"
- Selling Games with "Homebrew Store" (iTunes but for homebrew)
Download: DS Game Maker 3.1