Help with Imovie HD
I'm trying to edit some video footage in Imovie but I'm having trouble adding titles. In all the tutorials I've read it simply says to drag the title onto the timeline, the problem is that it is not clear to me what it is exactly that I need to be dragging. I've tried highlighting the text and trying to drag that accross but it simply won't add to the timeline. Thanks, for any help.
Add titles to your iMovie project
1. Open the clip viewer and click the Return button. This will set the location for our title to be at the beginning of the movie.
2. Click the Editing button, and then click the Titles button.
3. Select Centered Title from the list of available title styles. Notice the preview window shows the title using sample text.
4. Enter your own title in the lines provided. Notice you can add additional lines by using the Add (+) button.
5. Adjust the size of the text to fit better on screen. Adjust the speed or duration sliders to your preference. Select Over black and click the Add button to create the new title. Notice your new clip is added to the beginning of your movie. A small red line below the transition marker updates as the title is being created, or rendered.
6. Select your new title clip and choose a different title style. Click the disclosure triangle for Bouncing to reveal multiple choices. Select Bounce Across as the new style for your title.
7. Use the Wave, Speed, and Pause sliders to customize the title style. You can also select the direction text will enter the screen using the arrow buttons to the left of the text fields.
8. Deselect "Over black" and click Update. This will change your previous title to now play over your first video clip.
9. Select the Scrolling - Rolling Centered Credits title to create a closing credits clip for your movie.
stolen from http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/imovie/im3-5.html
it also has a video on how to do this if you whould like to see