You guys haven't forgotten Airtight Studios and Capcom's Dark Void (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC) yet, have you? Capcom's pretty much stayed quiet about it for the past couple of months, after all. They're pulling back the curtains with a bang for Captivate09, though, what with these new Dark Void screenshots and videos.
Just so everybody can catch up, Dark Void puts you in the high-flying shoes of a former cargo pilot named Will. "Former" because he crashes in the Bermuda Triangle and ends up in a parallel universe where he must don a cool jetpack, fight evil aliens, and find a way back home. Here's a feature list before we get to the assets.
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience
- Will s jetpack delivers total freedom of movement allowing players to race against UFOs in high-speed chases and rain death from above onto unsuspecting otherworldly foes
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic geoscapes
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Seamless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting and third-person shoot- em-up action all exists within the same level not broken up into different areas
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping from surface to surface and hijack UFO s while in mid-air
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming manoeuvres to defeat
- Developed by Airtight Studios, a new group featuring team members from the Crimson Skies series of video games