Let's see. You're now checking out a gaming site, or you're getting this through RSS, reading up on game news, planning to buy new ones, or simply checking to see if the ones you already have got updates. This is by no means a study, but it's still fun to see how far you'd go for your favorite pastime - here are ten signs that you might be a gaming addict, by Gary Swaby of the Koalition.
1. You buy at least one video game per week.
- I WISH.
2. Your only purpose of being employed is to buy video games.
- How sad is that? ONLY purpose? It takes all sorts I guess.
3. You buy games you know you will not play more than twice.
- See #1
4. You feel too much pressure in a relationship because you have to sacrifice gaming time for your partner.
5. When you're not gaming, you're reading about them (Hopefully on QJ!)
- Does it count when you do it for a living and you like it? Or is that me making excuses?
6. You no longer watch TV.
- A lot of truth to this. About the only regular TV time I've got is when there's an NBA game on.
7. You only realize that you have not eaten yet when your stomach growls.
- Guilty as hell. Sometimes I even bypass the whole thing and forget to eat altogether.
8. You realize that you eventually need to move house because your gaming collection is ever- growing.
- Luckily, there's a lot of space where I live. Then again, how I wish my place was flooded with games.
9. You run out of things to talk about when speaking to people who do not game.
- Nah, I have more non-gaming friends than gamers.
10. You dust off your console(s) and Hoover up the room every week, knowing damn well that you never did chores before you owned game consoles.
- SO TRUE. In fact, the cleanest area in my room is where the hardware's at.
How about you guys? How do you plead?