GDC's over and done, but news is still pouring in. Ok, some of them are just April Fools jokes, but there are a lot of really really real news too.
The biggest news this week is that Firmware 2.70 has hit with a bunch of new features in tow. There's also some moans of despair when Sony finally announced their oober dooper announcement, which turned out to be a PS2 price cut. Well, it was great news for those who've been wanting to buy a PS2 I guess.
Let's get started!
- PlayStation 3 Firmware v2.70 delivers new Text Chat feature and more! Link.
- Those who use PS2-PS3 game adapters have been having trouble with 2.70 though. Link.
- For those who DON'T want to update, someone has come up with a way to connect to PSN even while you're on a lower PS3 firmware. Link.
- PlayStation Home gets in on April Fools with ... hamster costumes? Link.
- When Hideo Kojima plays an April Fools' Joke, far be it from me not to consider it as newsworthy. Link.
- Sony doubts OnLive can deliver. Of course, they plug the PlayStation 3 at the same time. Link.
- Sony reveals its sooper dooper announcement! It's... a PS2 price cut. Whoopee. Link.
- Despite people criticizing Sony for not introducing a PS3 price cut as well, they stand by their decision. Link.
- PlayStation Home is still comfy in Beta stage. So comfy it might permanently be in Beta. Link.
- Kudos to Sony being the greenest of the console manufacturers, according to Greenpeace. Link.
- Sony has registered the name "PS Cloud." Other than a basic description, we can only speculate as to what this PS Cloud could eventually be. Link.
- Will Kojima announce the next Metal Gear game in E3? Link.
- Gran Turismo 5 will be released "when it makes the most sense," says SCEA. Which means we still don't know when it'll be released. Link.
- The PlayStation 3 demo of Final Fantasy XIII will be an old version of the final product, so you should expect more once the game finally comes out. Link.
- Final Fantasy XIII will utilize 100 of the PS3's power, something even Killzone 2 wasn't able to do. Link.
- Do the Matt Dance with sackboy! LittleBigPlanet celebrates getting more than 500,000 user-generated levels. Link.
- Here's something new and mysterious to look forward to: a PSN game dubbed "Project V" from developer Just Add Water. Link.
- Can Killzone 2 be done on the Xbox 360? An ex-Bungie dev says, "Totally". Link.
And that's it for this week folks. Sayonara, Adios, Aloha, Ciao, Au Revoir, Paalam, Hasta La Vista. See ya.