A trip to the mill didn't only net us more rumors but a whole lot of cryptic imagery as well. The GTPlanet forums are abuzz with some more rumors about Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo 5 and the elusive portable entry in the Gran Turismo series.
These rumors were posted by amar212, who apparently has a track record for being pretty much always dead on about these things. The post comes in a cryptic flavor full of allusions to winds and such, but here's what is generally believed to be what amar212 is really trying to say:
To see if your interpretations of amar212's post is different, check out the original thread by clicking on the source link below.
- Gran Turismo 5 is coming out in March 2010. Or December 2009, depending on your interpretation. It will have a simultaneous worldwide release.
- There will be 600 cars and 90 tracks. Users will also be able to make their won tracks by combining parts taken from pre-existing tracks.
- Increased connectivity options. A voice chat feature and clan/team support are among those believed to be included.
- There will be two versions: a more expensive full version that has everything and a cheaper version that lets gamers just choose and download what they want.
- Finally, a pared-down release for a platform that "still has not been uncovered" but "made in the image of" an existing one. Gran Turismo for the PSP2?
- GDC 09: Gran Turismo 5 will be released when it makes the most sense
- Alive n' kicking: Gran Turismo 5 "hopefully" out by next Christmas - Sony