This week couldn't get any juicier: rumors, announcements, and jaw-dropping batches of game media. Be sure you got a lot of time this weekend. By the time we're through here, you would have spent much of your time (and bandwidth!) checking out videos and screenshots.
With the release of FF7ACC in Japan this week, Square Enix's been all over the place with so many updates too. We even got Kratos making the rounds, promising one sexy GoW3 Collector's Edition and his previous games making a come back.
End of an era:
- SCEE boss David Reeves resigned from his post this week. Link.
- SCEA's John Koller thinks the concept of third-party exclusives is dead. Link.
- John Koller (again) says E3 this year will be software-heavy on new announcements, as compared to previous 11 years. Meaning, more new games! Link.
[Insert franchise title here] [insert installment number here]:
- God of War 3:
- Killzone 2:
- Uncharted 2 demo could be just around the corner! Link.
- Final Fantasy XIII (i.e. FFVII Advent Children Complete week):
- Let's start at the beginning. Or potentially the end, at least. Square Enix boss says the FF7ACC will be the end of the FF7 universe... for now. Link.
- FFXIII demo reveals projected release of game this year. Link.
- Scans for the game. Lots of them. Link.
- Videos from the demo. Lots of them. Link.
- Bundled in the FF7ACC Blu-ray: an FF Versus 13 trailer! Link.
- (OK this is for the PSP, but what the hey, it's still part of FF7ACC content and it's just too good to pass up: an FF Agito 13 trailer! Link.)
And the mill churns on:
- GameStop's saying a silver DualShock 3 will be dropping in soon. Heck, why not throw in a silver PS3 to match that controller, eh? Link.
- This rumor was made even more concrete when they put up a product listing for the items on their website. Link.
Aaah! You guys still breathing? A full meal course if there ever was one. Mmm... now, time to vegetate through what's left of the weekend.