If you were beginning to think that Pandemic Studios and EA's freedom-fighter action-adventure Saboteur has gone down the vaporware bin, then you're wrong. And aren't you glad? After a very long silence, EA has gone out with press release assets for the game today.
The fact sheet reveals some new information, such as the character you will be playing, Sean Devlin. He's a street-tough Irish racing mechanic that's out for revenge on those who aimed to destroy his life -- and with the help of the French Resistance and British Intelligence, no less. That's some big friends he's got over there, huh.
Here are the key features for the multiplatformer:
- Live the resistance in an open-world Paris Fight and sabotage your way through a stylized open-world 1940s Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower, to the riverbanks of the Seine, the cathedral of Notre Dame or the prestigious Champs- lys es.
- Be the Saboteur Use a broad range of weapons and explosives to perform your blockbuster sabotage as you single-handedly hunt-down your enemies to dismantle and destroy the Nazi occupation.
- Quiet In, Loud Out Use gameplay systems like Climbing, Sneaking, and Stealth Kills to infiltrate the Nazi occupation to perform acts of Sabotage Once you've blown your target to pieces, leverage the intuitive cover system and assortment of weapons to blast your way to freedom.
- Vertical World This version of Paris was designed to leverage the unique abilities of The Saboteur. Being a Saboteur is all about surprise attacks and Paris' rooftops are the perfect path for your secret operations.
- Will to Fight The Saboteur introduces a innovative new feature that is both an iconic visual style, and a compelling gameplay element. See and feel Paris change around you as you progress through the game. Go from a dark and oppressed black and white policed state, to a bright and inspired world where the citizens fight back..
- Hijack any vehicle - From high performance racecars to military vehicles, as the Saboteur, you can drive any vehicle that comes along to escape your pursuers.
But the fact sheet is not all that we have today. We also have some new screenshots and artwork, so do enjoy them. Hopefully those would be enough to make up for the game's long absence.
We do expect more information and updates to roll out soon now that the silence has been broken. Still no word on when it's coming out, though, but we know for sure it'll be available for the PC, Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.
Stay tuned here for more updates.