I'm not sure how many of you guys intensively use Life with PlayStation for whatever purposes other than Folding, but for those that do... there's a new update available for the service.
Changes for v1.1 include a new Expert Mode added for Folding@Home - having an expert mode sounds as if it's been turned into an actual game that can cause blistered thumbs, but no, that's not it. What Expert Mode does is disable all other channels and allow F@H to use the full bandwidth of your PS3 unit. Plus, we also get a new channel, one which aims to inject a bit more culture into our lives.
Life with PlayStation Update 1.1 Changes:
- Added support for adding and removing channels dynamically
- Added a local time display in the LIVE CHANNEL.
- Updated Mood categories for automatic music selection.
- Added support to enable Folding@home Expert Mode which disables all other channels and features that may impact simulation performance.
- Folding@home Expert Mode can be activated by navigating to: Options Menu > [Configuration] > [Folding@home].
- Expert Mode - Folding@home is the only channel enabled. All application processing power is used exclusively for Folding@home and no other channels can be browsed.
- Note: While in this mode, channel updates are also disabled.
- New Channel - United Village - United Village is a project designed to provide an experience of sharing a sense of community and culture from locations around the world. With each update, we will feature a visual series of moments and aspects of life from various locations.